Creating and curating relevant and relatable news, events and resources for the working mom. Here’s the latest from the PowerMom team…
If you are like us, you’re all too familiar with the struggle of juggling everyday life and trying to eat healthy. It’s quite challenging for a mother of two who works 40 hours a week, or even a single bachelor who spends most of his day in the office, to find time for grocery shopping, planning meals and discovering new hot recipes. At Peapod, we are working hard to help you solve the “What’s for dinner?” daily dilemma. You can do all of your grocery shopping online, and have your groceries delivered to your door or pick them up at your earliest convenience. Hand-selected produce. A full array of well-priced Organics. Literally thousands of grocery products, from canned soup to household cleaning supplies. Get what you want when you want it, including healthy recipes for any time of the day that will bring you closer to your goals. Earn some of your time back with Peapod. For a taste of what you can expect, try the delicious recipes below.
With 14 grams of protein and only 183 calories, you’ll see why we wanted to share this recipe with you after you try it; these quiches require only 10 minutes of preparation and they’re great when you’re in a rush.
*4 slices precooked bacon
*2 slices stale or toasted white bread
*3 green onions
*4 large eggs
*1 cup heavy cream
1. Crumble the bacon and divide evenly among 4 mugs. Heat 1 min. in the microwave at full power.
2. While bacon cooks, cut the bread into 1/2-inch cubes and slice the green onions (green parts only). Divide the bread and onions evenly among the mugs.
3. Whisk together the eggs and cream and season with salt (in moderation) and pepper. Divide among the mugs and mix to combine all ingredients.
4. Microwave the quiches for 4 minutes. Let sit 1 minute. Check to see if quiches are cooked. If necessary, microwave for an additional 1-2 minutes, being careful not to overcook. Serve warm.
Chopped Asian Chicken Salad
1 package cole slaw mix
1 cup shredded red cabbage
1 cup shredded carrots
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/2 yellow pepper, chopped
3 green onions, chopped
3 tablespoons sesame seeds
3 chicken breasts, chopped
1/2 cup crispy noodles
1. Roughly chop the cole slaw mix, cabbage, and carrots. Add to a large bowl. Add peppers, green onions, sesame seeds, and chicken to the bowl. Toss to combine. Add dressing and turn to coat. Add crispy noodles right before serving.
2. Make the dressing by mixing together honey, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, garlic, and ginger. Slowly whisk in the oil and continue to whisk until it combines. Set aside.
Recipe by Bree Hester of Baked Bree
To read the full article in its entirety click here. And remember to check back daily for all things #PowerMom.